Time in London

Tuesday 29 December 2009

New beginnings this New Year...


I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas and Santa brought you everything you wanted. Christmas was a family affair once again for me this year, and back in Birmingham my family and I ate Christmas lunch at a fabulous restaurant at the top of the Mailbox building...

What a treat to avoid the stresses of hungover Christmas day cooking and terrible Christmas TV. While you can't beat Christmas at home, we discovered a couple of years ago that having the meal itself at a lovely restaurant can avoid a partly frozen turkey, tonnes of washing up, and the teenage boredom and angst of my 19 year old brother that comes hand in hand with spending the whole day stuck at home.

I was a very lucky girl this year when it came to presents... One of my top gifts this year was a silver bracelet with my name engraved - which my mum had hidden in a Christmas cracker I pulled at the meal.

When it came to surprises my beautiful boyfriend G gave me a lovely treat... On Christmas eve he rang my mobile and said has my parcel arrived yet, go check the doorstep to see if they left it there. I opened the door and there he was! He whisked me off shopping to choose my prezzie - he wanted to buy me a dress to wear when we go away for New Year, and he needed to have me there really to pick one I loved and try it on. I chose a beautiful purple silk one from Selfridges - I will upload some pics of our New Year night away so you can see it yourselves! I feel a very lucky girl to have a man spoil me so much, but it was more the thoughtful aspect of him wanting to surprise me on the doorstep than the actual gift that meant so much to me. (Didn't tell him that though as I still wanted the dress!)

The gifts I got him were far less poignant and romantic - two PS3 games, and I took him to a football match on boxing day... What can you do though it's what he wanted! I had thought out romantic ideas for presents, perhaps a meal at the restaurant where we had our 1st date... But I know we would have got there and he would have said can I have my PS3 games now. Boys and their toys!

He will have to tear himself away from the PS3 for one night though when we go away for New Year. We've booked into a lovely hotel in Bournemouth to spend New Year. I can't wait, it means a lot to be with him to see in 2009 and Bournemouth as a town means a great deal to me too as I spent 3 happy years at University there.

Our time together is limited as I'm back to London the very next day and we will part at the train station. He can expect tears from an over emotional and undoubtedly hungover me, but I am looking forward to getting back to my fun life in London and seeing what 2010 holds for me...perhaps G will move down before the year is through.

I hope you all have a fabulous New Year and wake on the 1st with a hangover but a smile, who knows what 2010 will bring! x




No comments:

Post a Comment