Time in London

Thursday 24 December 2009

Merry Christmas


It's that time of year again, when everyone heads back to their roots to be with family, battling the snow covered roads and delayed public transport.

Like so many others I packed up my bags and laden with presents set off back to Birmingham, my home town, to spend Christmas with my family and boyfriend.

This year, in the midst of a recession, I wondered whether Christmas would be a parred down affair. I've read in the news that companies won't have Christmas parties for staff this year, that people are attempting to make their own presents not buy them. Home made or not, drunken Christmas party or not, it appears to me that people are celebrating the season as enthusiastically as ever this year. On my journey back home I was pleased to see most people had gone to town with Christmas lights. In addition to this, the shops do not seem to have suffered this year with Christmas shopping. Which bodes well for my presents - I can't imagine what I would receive should my brother take it upon himself to start hand making gifts.

What are your plans this Christmas? Whatever they are I hope you enjoy your time with family and friends. Eat, drink and be merry. And remember, Santa comes tonight so however merry you get make sure you behave!

Happy Christmas everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment