Time in London

Thursday 17 December 2009

What is your claim to fame?




Everyone loves to be in the spotlight. In the UK we are obsessed with celebrity, we want to know everything about them, aspire to be them, and can't get enough of them.




It makes me wonder how close all of us have got to being in the public eye? While standing at the edges did any of us make it in to the spotlight and what brought us there?




Perhaps for some reading this their moment in the limelight is yet to come. Perhaps for some it briefly shone on them and now they are back among the crowd. And for others, they may never be rich and famous, or mingle with the rich famous and they may never want to.




I personally can't say my life has been filled with celebrity, although it is getting a little closer to that recently...




My (shockingly poor) claims to fave thus far in the 23 years of my life include.....




I dated for just over a year the brother of a famous TV presenter, Giles Vickers Jones. I can mention that on here because I am still good friends with his brother and we often wind Giles up about his so called 'celebrity' life. Presenting for GMTV, E! Entertainment and ITV at the Movies has not made him a mega celeb but he's a little more in that circle than the rest of us.






Before that relationship I once kissed an X factor finalist while I was in my second year of University at Bournemouth and they came to the town on the X factor tour.... it is highly embarrassing. It is too embarrassing to give away the name but it was the year Leona Lewis won, his name began with B and he may have been known for his unconventional hair... Those of you as into X Factor as I am will know who I am referring to. But a lady will never kiss and tell! (she just hints).




Other than these two encounters with the male celebrity species I have been somewhat protected from the glamour and gossip that comes from being immersed in the celeb circuit. That is until now, where my new job means I speak to someone in the public eye every day, and occasionally meet up to discuss work...




It makes me smile if I read his name on the net or a magazine, to think that I know him, I get a buzz from the fact that others can only speculate but I have some degree of insider knowledge into someone high profile's life.




For now, this is the nearest I get to mingling with the celebs, texting and emailing my secret boss, and the occasional overpriced night at Funky Buddha or China white. I'm not very close to being in the limelight, I'm still watching the glamorous few from a distance. But I'm a hell of a lot closer than I was a year ago reading Heat Magazine at home in Birmingham. x x x




No comments:

Post a Comment